Image Optimization is one of the most important factors that you need to consider on your business website. Visit: https://90degreedesign.com
90 degree design which provide the quality web design with SEO in Raleigh, NC. We will help you to enhance your business by designing your website. Visit: https://90degreedesign.com/
90 degree design which provides the quality web design with SEO in Raleigh, NC. We will help you to enhance your business by designing your website. Visit: https://90degreedesign.com/seo-sem/
Online Reviews and Search Engine Optimization
Whether you like it or not, online reviews have an impact on your business. A survey by BrightLocal found that 92% of consumers read online feedback and trust those reviews as much as they do a personal recommendation. I personally spend a lot of time reading online reviews and don’t purchase anything that has less than 4 stars.
Not only do online reviews affect the purchasing behavior of consumers, it also affects your search engine rankings. According to MOZ, online feedback makes up 10% of how search engines, including Google, rank search results. A good search engine optimization strategy should always include online review acquisition.
Some websites that are great for positive SEO results are:
Google+/Google My Business
Better Business Bureau
Don’t fake it ‘til you make it…
While it may be tempting to get the ball rolling by posting your own reviews or by paying a third party to post reviews for you, Google, Yelp et. al are great at spotting fake feedback and they will not be amused if they catch you. These companies understand the importance of protecting the integrity of reviews on their sites. Amazon has sued websites and people for posting fake feedback. It’s best to put the work into collecting reviews the right way.
How to catch the elusive review
There are restrictions for soliciting reviews and every site is different so be sure you read up on each sites guidelines before reaching out to clients. For instance, most websites frown upon offering incentives to clients for reviews and will penalize you for doing so.
My favorite method for requesting feedback is with a follow up phone call after we complete a project for a client. This allows me to ensure the client is happy with the finished product and then request they leave us a review online. We’ve had great luck with this method.
You can also follow up with clients via email and let them know that they can leave feedback for you on various sites. Try to space your requests out – too many reviews at one time is a red flag which will cause reviews to be filtered out and never posted.
So what do you do when you get a bad review??
We all know you can’t please all of the people, all of the time. Sometimes you think you’ve finished a job to the satisfaction of a client only to find out via an online review that they were unhappy. In an ideal world, a client would approach you privately in an effort to resolve the situation before taking to the interwebs, but this is the world we live in.
The best way to handle negative feedback is to reach out to the client to open a dialogue about why they were dissatisfied. This could be a good opportunity to improve your business or identify a weakness you don’t know exists. We have found that apologizing and working with the client to resolve the situation to the best of your ability is the best approach.
You are able respond to online reviews. Doing so in a manner that shows that you are open to feedback and working to resolve the issue will help balance the effects of a negative review. Getting into an online battle with a client with only dissuade people from working with you.
What if a review is false or inappropriate?
Internet trolls – the struggle is real, ya’ll! We had a client who called us because someone had posted a very NSFW picture and review on Yelp. They are a family-friendly business and they were worried that potential clients would see the review and picture and decide not to patronize their business. Needless to say, they were panicking and didn’t know what to do.
Luckily, there are mechanisms in place to flag or report fake reviews and ask that they be removed. Make sure it violates the website’s policy before you report the issue. It usually takes a few days for the process to run its course.
Do you have questions about online reviews or search engine optimization – feel free to reach out to us here at 90 Degree Design.
90 degree design helps you generate more traffic to your website from search engines in Raleigh, NC and we also help to expand your web presence in your website. For more info visit: 90degreedesign.com
Social media is an extremely effective way to boost SEO by creating a social presence and using content marketing to inform your users. Social media will improve your content and reach a diversity of users. Social media presence will organically traffic users and acquire new customers that will in effect advance your SEO campaign. Consider using a range of social media platforms instagram, facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest, etc.
6 Social Media Practices That Grow SEO:
1. Grow your number of followers: Believe it or not the total number of followers you have will influence your ranking. Connections are created through social media profiles that have a significant influence. Although this can be a tedious and slow process, it is highly effective if you keep up with it! Consistency is key! Stay engaged direct customer engagements and conversations will present growth and show that you are dedicated to your brand.
2. External Inbound Links: Assuming you have highquality and original content, you can use social media as external links to your content. What you post on social medias acts as advertisements for your business. Create intriguing posts that will attract users and leave them wanting to learn more. Hashtags act as external links within social media always use them to gain followers and visibility! By keeping the hashtags consistent, you will start to associate with the appropriate community for users and followers.
3. Optimize your posts: It is important to make sure your posts are optimized to the greatest potential. This can apply to existing posts and new posts. Google recognizes trends and you will rank higher with google if you rank high with your social presence.A few ways you can optimize Consider a strong anchor! What will get people hooked? (image, video, a link), lay out your foundation with strong text and content that is focused on a single topic, mix in keywords to maximize your content.
4. Social sharing: This is another excellent way to verify to Google that your brand is legit. By getting users and your audience to share, like, favorite, reply, retweet, etc…. Will increase your validation to Google. Of course, the best way to increase social sharing is to make posts that promote it. Consider rewards or prizes for a contest entry or drawing! Another example would be to have a survey that encourages people to “like” your post if they agree with what you are promoting. The more people who share and like your posts – the more people your content will reach!
5. Direct posts locally This one is pretty straight forward! Use your social media presence to engage yourself with your community. The most effective way to do this would be to create posts that show your company involved with a local event or interacting with other local companies. This approach is fairly holistic participate in the community, show your face, and you will be seen!
6. Increase brand awareness Create posts that integrate your logo! Consider having your logo at the bottom of an image or at the end or beginning of a video. Increased brand presence will lead to more Google searches by users. Just remember to constantly give your viewers and audience a high quality experience that will leave them wanting to learn more about your brand and who you are!